The following points should be in consideration while upgrading your Oracle database to 12c:
- Starting with Oracle Database 12c, the access control of the UTL packages (UTL_TCP, UTL_SMTP, UTL_MAIL, UTL_HTTP, and UTL_INADDR) is implemented using Oracle Database Real Application Security and does not require Oracle XML DB.
- existing ACL in XDB of your database will be migrated during the upgrade to 12c .
- DBMS_NETWORK_ACL_ADMIN has been deprecated.
- Existing ACL’s in your database will be migrated and “re-named” after the upgrade , the following query will list the old and the new name of the ACL:
SQL> select * from DBA_ACL_NAME_MAP ;
- take the backup of the following tables just in case ACL’s were not migrated successfully:
SQL> create table TESTSCHEMA.DBA_NETWORK_ACLS as select * from DBA_NETWORK_ACLS;
SQL> create table TESTSCHEMA.DBA_NETWORK_ACL_PRIVILEGES as select * from DBA_NETWORK_ACL_PRIVILEGES;